We’re starting the year 2022 with a new edition of Transitions Connects! This newsletter focuses on the mental health of first responders and includes articles written by Dr. Stacey Krauss, PsyD, ABPP, Transitions Counseling CEO; Troy Tangeman, Licensed Professional Counselor and Transitions Counseling Clinical Supervisor, and Brian French, Firefighter and Licensed Associate Counselor at Public Safety Crisis Solutions.
In this edition we discuss:
- The importance of regulations and policies when assessing and treating first responders and military service members by Dr. Stacey Krauss, PsyD (page 2).
- Mental health treatment considerations and approaches for first responders by Troy Tangeman, LPC (page 3).
- Firefighter mental wellness and work-life balance by Brian French, LAC (page 6).
- New programs available at Transitions Counseling and our treatment modalities: cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), expressive arts therapy, family groups, and parent support therapy (page 8).
- A description of our individual counseling, group counseling, intensive outpatient programs (IOP), and partial hospitalization programs (PHP).
The full PDF newsletter is available for download here: Transitions Connects First Responder Edition